Frequently Asked Questions
- Washing & Product Care
- Returns, Shipping, Custom, Policies
- General Bedding & Sleep Questions
- Product Specific Questions
- Mattress Specific Questions
- Clearance Item Questions
- Wool Related
- Cotton Related
- Latex Related
- Chemicals, Dyes, Testing, Certifications
- Allergies & Chemical Sensitivities
Care instructions for HLO Products
Find our complete care instructions here.
Do I need to wash my bedding before I use it?
When the time comes to wash your bedding after use, follow the steps in the care instructions provided with your purchase.
- Gently spot clean the affected area in the sink.
- You can also treat the problem area with live cultured enzymes which eliminate odors. (i.e. Biokleen makes a product called Bac-Out Stain+Odor Remover.)
How do I immediately treat spills and other accidents?
- Remove soiled material.
- Hand wash the specific area where the urine or other stain is concentrated before attempting to wash the entire comforter.
- Follow the care instructions provided with your product.
- In the soaking stage, add a dose of live cultured enzymes (try Bac Out by Biokleen) to the water and let your bedding soak.
- Continue in accordance with the care instructions.
I lost my washing instructions. Can I get another copy?
Can I put my wool bedding in the dryer?
No, we don’t recommend putting your items in the dryer. Drape the items in the sun or a warm place to dry.